The Ruinart House was founded in 1729 and is the oldest Champagne House. It was founded by Nicolas Ruinart, nephew of Dom Thierry Ruinart. The chalk pits used for maturation and frementation are some 38 metres deep and in 1931 were given a historical monuments status. Ruinart Champagnes are supple and smooth, but always full bodied. The Blanc de Blancs is the flagship of the range, which also includes two classics in the Dom Ruinart Blanc and Dom Ruinart Rose.